Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Weekend Excerpt! From The Broken Road

   "Ooh, this is working perfectly.  I don't know why I didn't even think of it," Sophie said delightedly as she munched on a lettuce wrap.
     Maggie clapped her hands together happily. "Did you see his face, Sophie?"
Allison looked at the two women curiously.  She had no idea what they were talking about.
"He looked like he wanted to strangle Trey! And I love Trey, so we can't allow that, but can you imagine?" Sophie said.
   Maggie nodded quickly.  "Where's Jacie?  Her plan needed step number six: make Will so jealous he can't see straight."
  Allison frowned and felt depressed all over again.  "Would you tow stop it? Will and I are over.  He told me when he got here that he just wanted to be friends with me.  There is no more plan.  It's over.  now, the good news is that I just met Trey, and he's a lot of fun.  I'm actually having a good time tonight, even with Daphne here.  So please just let everything else go," she pleaded.
     Maggie and Sophie looked at each other and grinned as both of them shook their heads.  "Not on your life, Allie," Sophie said with a toss of her red curls.  "Will is still in love with you.  While you were dancing with trey, he looked like he was going to burst into green flames."
Maggie grabbed Sophie's arm.  "No! He looked like he wanted to grab Allison, throw her over his shoulder, and run off with her."
     Allison laughed and rolled her eyes.  "Girls, the fairy tale is over.  Time for reality.  Will has what he wants.  He has Daphne."
     Maggie looked at her like she was demented.  "Fine, if you don't believe me, then why is Will standing over here staring at you like he's starving to death and you're chocolate cake?"
    Allison looked over Sophie's shoulder and caught Will staring at her as she stood by a window all by himself.  She swallowed nervously and tried to look away, but his eyes held her.  he didn't smile he didn't blink.  He just looked at her.  it was like magnet was pulling her.  She left Maggie and Sophie without saying another word and walked over to Will's side.
     "Are you okay? You look like you're mad at me," she said quietly.
Will grabbed her hand and pulled her closer.  "What are you trying to do to me?" he asked in a low, hard voice.
Allison shook her head.  "I'm not trying to do anything, Will.  Like you said, you want to be friends.  I tried everything I could to make things right with you.  You've moved on, Will.  It's time I did too." she said, pulling her hand away so she could walk back toward her friends.
But Will grabbed her elbow and made her turn back.  "I don't want you dating Trey Kellen," he said darkly.
Allison raised her eyebrows at that and yanked on her arm.  Will kept  tight possession of it though.  "I'll date who I want to Will.  Trey is a really nice guy.  I think you'd like him."
Will's smile was almost ferocious.  "I don't care if he's the nicest guy in the world.  I'm going to pound his face into the dirt if you dance with him one more time," he promised.
Allison's mouth fell open in shock.  "Don't you dare threaten him.  You can kiss and date whoever you want to, but I'm not allowed to dance with anyone?  Will, you're always telling me not to play games with you.  But you're the one who doesn't know what he wants," she said, yanking her arm away from Will furiously.
Will sighed and rubbed his face with his hands.  When he looked back at her, his eyes were just as intense.  "I know exactly what I want, Allison.  That's the problem."

(This is Copyrighted material)

No comments: