Monday, April 30, 2012

Ideas anyone?

Where do you get your ideas?  I hear that a lot.  Do you?  It's kind of one of the hardest things to answer.  I know Susan Elizabeth Phillips, (non-LDS/fiction writer) always tells people that she gets them from a warehouse in Tulsa.  I think that's kind of funny.  But what makes a musician compose?  I know certain artists had muses, or certain models that they loved to paint, but lets be honest, they were usually just their girlfriends and they happened to be hanging around a lot, right?  But writers, what inspires you?  For me, it's the relationship between men and women.  That inspires me.  I love walking down the street and watching people and trying to figure out their story.  Have you ever seen a young woman stare at  a young man with adoration on her face and he's completely oblivious?  Or seeing two newly weds walking through a grocery store holding hands.  What's their story?  That's what inspires me.  I have a brother who happens to be inspired by zombies.  I know, go figure.  Turns out there are tons of people in the world who are.  I think the question should be, what doesn't inspire you, because the world is out there, and if you just open your eyes, (and your heart) you can't help but be inspired.

No comments: