Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Publishing Contracts = Nirvana

I'd like to say congratulations to my brother Zach.  He just got offered his first contract from a publisher.  His new publisher wants to publish not one, but 2 of his books!  I'm excited for him.  One is his Zombie book and the other is a book based off his serial blog.  You can check it out here:     http://sinsofprometheus.blogspot.com/2012/08/part-65.html .  But it reminded me of the first time I got that contract in the mail.  I've never taken drugs before, but holding a contract in your hand and reading the part that says, 'We want to publish your book.' has got to be one of the highest highs known to man kind.  Maybe we should round up all the drug dealers and put them in writing classes?  It's a thought.  Because it takes a long time to come down from that nirvana. Life goes back to normal when you get all the changes your editor wants you to make.  But still, life is kind of forever changed after that.  My brother has been trying to get published for a long, long time.  I think it's been a decade actually.  So for all you writer's out there I just want to say, don't give up.  Keep trying.  Keep writing. Keep believing in yourself.  Because someday, maybe even years down the road, you'll get that letter in the mail and it will all be worth it. 

No comments: