Monday, May 7, 2012

Writing Conferences and The Hulk


I do enjoy writing conferences.  How can anyone not?  I haven't gone to any this year so far, but all my writer friends are talking non-stop about the Whitney Awards and the Story Makers Conference.  Congratulations to all the winners by the way.  But I remember what it's like. The best way to describe it is like it's writer crack.  Sorry.  But it's true.  Everyone, me included, comes back from every conference so pumped up to write, it's the only thing we can think of.  And we're so inspired by the speakers and their success that anyone who gets in the way of us and a computer should have good health insurance.  I'm just being honest here.  If publishing companies were smart, they'd sponsor writer's conferences all the time.  I hear Italy is a good place to  hold a writer's conference. (hint, hint).  If my publisher is listening, I've been yearning for a week in Hawaii.  But for sure, if you're in a rut, if you're blocked, if you've lost your zeal, if you're questioning even being a writer, sign up for the next writer's conference and hold on to your seat.  You'll come back a new woman (man) within two days, supercharged, more talented than ever, and practically unstoppable.  Think the Hulk with a computer. Anyone disagree?

No comments: