Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Character Blog Hop!

Character Blog Hop

Thanks to my cute friend and amazing author, Karey White, who tagged me in this character blog hop!

For the character blog hop, readers get to jump around to discover characters we have recently written about or are currently writing about. You can find Karey's character post here.

First, a little about Karey:


I am the oldest of eleven children, born to parents who were either saints or crazy, maybe both. They thought we were all capable of being professional athletes or broadway stars. They weren't right, of course, but they did help us have self-confidence.

I have the greatest family. A patient husband who makes me laugh and four clever, good-looking children--two boys and two girls. I adore them all.
Through the years I've been a student, a teacher, a secretary, a clothing designer and seamstress, a wedding cake maker, a crafter, a scrapbooker, a cook, a homework helper (until they pass me in math, somewhere around the third grade), and a fan at my children's sporting events. Before I die, I'd either like to be a great housekeeper or have the money to hire a maid.

I've been writing since Jr. High, when I was hired by a county newspaper to do a Happenings column about our little town of about 300 people. I got paid by the word so every week I called every family in town and got their news. It wasn't high-brow journalism but the column earned me a little spending money.
On our way to Aspen, CO, my sister, my two oldest kids and I were hit head-on by a drunk driver in a stolen car. Although we suffered serious injuries, we all survived.

Candy isn't worth eating unless it's chocolate. (See's are the best.)
When I was a child, my family bought and renovated an old school-house. It was a wonderful place to live in spite of the bats that flew over our heads at night.

I've been told that my naturally curly hair doesn't get longer, it gets bigger.
I've always liked game shows. Everything from Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy to the reality-style game shows like Amazing Race, Survivor, and Top Chef.

Nothing makes me happier than being with family and friends eating good food, sharing good conversation and a few laughs. That might be why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.


Now to share my character with you:
What is the name of your character? 
I chose Cleo. She's the main character in A Passion for Cleo, Book 3 in the Love and Flowers Trilogy.

When and where is the story set?
The series takes place in Fircrest, Washington and this is a contemporary Romance.

What should we know about your character?
Cleo has a heart of gold. She's the first one in line to help those she loves. She's fiercely protective and kind, but a little bit sassy too. She fell for the wrong guy once, so she's a little gun shy about Tai Matafeo. 

What is the main conflict?
My Love and Flowers Trilogy centers around the fact that someone wants to kill Rayne and Ivy Nyman. Cleo was hired on as their body guard, but because of her injuries in a car accident, has to step aside for Tai Matafeo and Sharon, a police officer to take over.  Falling in love was not part of the job description.

What is your character's personal goal?
I think Cleo's personal goal is to find her home and her heart - her place in the world.  She's an adventurous girl who isn't afraid to see the world but she had to decide whether or not to go back to San Diego or stay in Fircrest with her new friends.  And since she's never been in love before, she's a little unsure of her feelings for Tai. Is she just grateful to him for everything he's done for her?  Or do her feelings fun deeper?

Is there a working title, and where can we find out more about it?
A Passion for Cleo just came out on Kindle and it's available in paperback too. You can find it for purchase here.

And now I'm tagging the one and only Kim Krey.

Writing Romance That's Clean Without Losing the Steam! Author of the Sweet Montana Bride Series. I'm a reader of good, clean romance, a lover of family time and Diet Coke, and the ultimate hater of laundry.  You can find out more here.


No comments: